Welcome to the East Cleveland Public Library

Proud to Serve - 100 Years of Service!

The East Cleveland Public Library first opened to the public on May 29, 1916 as an original Carnegie designed building, East Cleveland Public Library benefited from the generosity of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie with a $35,000 grant that was applied to the cost of the new building.

In 2005, the East Cleveland Public Library was renovated and expanded to include the Debra Ann November Learning Center and the Greg L. Reese Performing Arts Center.  Today, the East Cleveland Public Library is a single facility library system that continues to serve the residents and patrons of East Cleveland.